[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] try mmap(MAP_PRIVATE) fallback for no-mmu systems in fbdev vo

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 1 11:10:26 CET 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:11:58AM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >on no-mmu Linux systems, mmap(MAP_SHARED) does not work ... the
> >attached patch fixes up the two fbdev video output drivers to try
> >mmap(MAP_PRIVATE) if the first call using MAP_SHARED failed
> >-mike
>
> I don't know the code, don't have a mmu-less sytem, and never used
> fbdev, so I can just comment on the content of the patch.
> All I can say is that this patch at least does make the code easier to
> read, so I'm tempted to apply it.

But that part of the patch is only a cosmetic change and must be applied
seperately.

> Benjamin Z., you are probably a better fit to test it, what  do you
> think about it?

Any why is MAP_SHARED used in the first place anyway? Actually, upon
reading the documentation on mmap, I see no way this could work with
MAP_PRIVATE unless they have a non-conforming mmap...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger