[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] try mmap(MAP_PRIVATE) fallback for no-mmu systems in fbdev vo

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 10:11:58 CET 2007

Hi,

On 2/1/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi at gmail.com> wrote:
> on no-mmu Linux systems, mmap(MAP_SHARED) does not work ... the
> attached patch fixes up the two fbdev video output drivers to try
> mmap(MAP_PRIVATE) if the first call using MAP_SHARED failed
> -mike

I don't know the code, don't have a mmu-less sytem, and never used
fbdev, so I can just comment on the content of the patch.
All I can say is that this patch at least does make the code easier to
read, so I'm tempted to apply it.

Benjamin Z., you are probably a better fit to test it, what  do you
think about it?

Guillaume