[MPlayer-dev-eng] Better handling of low FPS and still images

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Aug 25 15:51:11 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 15:36 +0200, Sebastian Krämer wrote:
> I tested your patchset yesterday. It wasn't a thorough test but I
> noticed that playing with low speed and osd enabled, there are black
> rectangles whenever the osd is updated (tick of a second or seeking for
> example). I replayed with normal speed and it's even visible at "real
> time". ('m using xv vo.)

Yes I know about that. It happens because the OSD text is updated to the
time of the next frame while the previous one is still being shown, and
changing values during the frame erases the previous OSD content by
simply blanking the area.

> I think you applied some of the patches today? These changes don't show
> the issue described above.

That issue only appears in the test code part ("Patch 9 is test code
that's not meant to be committed as is." from my original mail).