[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Apr 29 09:50:45 CEST 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:45:52 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Yes, I think the main difference is that our experience is mostly based
> on the situation 6 to 18 months ago, when ALSA was just horribly broken
> in many, many cases.

Hmm.. if you think that ALSA has improved conciderabily
in the last year, then i will try it again.
However, if this is really the case, the it's too early
for MPlayer to change the default. There are too many
people out there who use two year old kernels, just
because they didn't want to upgrade their distro.

			Attila Kinali
--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann