[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Apr 29 09:46:58 CEST 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:38:16 +0300
Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

> First note that what I said was not an ad hominem argument. "Rich
> Felker's arguments about ALSA are false because he is a kook" would be
> an ad hominem argument (attacking the person making an argument to
> discredit the argument). "You shouldn't waste your time arguing about
> ALSA with Rich Felker because he is a kook" is not an ad hominem
> argument.

Yes, Rich has a very unfriendly way to tell people
his opinion. But, unlike you he seldom attacks people
personaly and only if attacked first.

And if you would listen to Rich once in a while you
would see that he has a point. Always. Not always
one that i like, but one that i cannot deny either.

If Rich would be the kook you claim him to be, then
he would have gotten the mighty boot already years
ago. But he hasn't and is still a very well respected
developer.

			Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann