[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Sat Apr 28 23:42:29 CEST 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 11:29:23PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 10:28:17PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:12:14 +0200
> > Adrian Bunk <bunk at stusta.de> wrote:
> >
> > > This doesn't match my experiences.
> >
> > Then you are an exception.
>
> just to add my 2 cents ...
> i also had much more problems with ALSA in the past than OSS, that is just
> personal experience and may not reflect the current state of ALSA/OSS

Just to avoid any confusion:

Are you talking about using OSS kernel drivers, or about using kernel
ALSA drivers with the in-kernel ALSA OSS emulation (or the ALSA kernel
drivers with the userspace ALSA OSS emulation)?

And what kind of problems did you have?
And are they still present today?

cu
Adrian