[MPlayer-dev-eng] video filter layer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Apr 21 09:54:29 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 03:27:13PM +0900, Bobby Bingham wrote:
[...]
> If anybody's run into some cases which cause
> particularly interesting issues in buffer management, I'd love to hear
> about them so I can make sure that whatever I come up with works well in
> all cases.

Well, the biggest mess is the MP_IMGTYPE_IP and MP_IMGTYPE_IPB stuff
which obviously most don't really understand since they are interpreted
differently in different places and also make it impossible for H.264
rendering to work. For all I know simply giving a buffer number in the
request would work much better (might be more problematic for a
(hypothetical?) device that can display buffers only in a round-robin
order).
There are also things like having both MP_IMGFLAG_READABLE
MP_IMGFLAG_PRESERVE, seems somewhat questionable to me whether one makes
sense without the other...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger