[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Apr 9 03:54:17 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 03:43 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > DTS downmixing to stereo is broken after the FFmpeg DTS decoder changes.
> > -channels 2 has no effect. I think fixing this properly requires changes
> > in FFmpeg (the current decoder in FFmpeg has some downmixing logic but
> > no way for the caller to trigger it that I see - also several
> > FIXMEs...).
>
> thers no and never was any working and clean downmix code in lavc just a
> bunch of half working hacks

The previous code was not particularly nice either (it always downmixed
to stereo even if you had support for more), but I think the current
situation is still a serious regression for most users compared to the
previous MPlayer release. Now they only way to play DTS audio with a
stereo ao is to manually give coefficients to -af pan.