[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Apr 9 03:43:09 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 03:40:50AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
[...]
> > Please confirm/deny these bugs and extend the list.
>
> DTS downmixing to stereo is broken after the FFmpeg DTS decoder changes.
> -channels 2 has no effect. I think fixing this properly requires changes
> in FFmpeg (the current decoder in FFmpeg has some downmixing logic but
> no way for the caller to trigger it that I see - also several
> FIXMEs...).

thers no and never was any working and clean downmix code in lavc just a
bunch of half working hacks

justin ruggles though is working on a clean channel layout and downmixing
API currently so this should probably be solved soon

[...]

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato