[MPlayer-dev-eng] spring cleanup

Artur Zaprzala zapartur at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 02:46:58 CEST 2007

2007/4/1, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> > >All removed.
> >
> > You removed the bitmap font generator. Does it mean that raw font
> > support will be removed from MPlayer?
>
> We already have several sets of complete bitmap fonts
Generated by subfont-c from TrueType fonts.

> and bitmap font
> support in general is deprecated.  We recommend using TrueType fonts in
I just wanted to make it clear. So now, when there is no subfont-c, it
is time to remove raw font support from MPlayer completely.

> the documentation, all the distro packages stopped employing bitmap
> fonts.
>
> For all I know TrueType fonts are superior in all respects.
> > libvo/osd_font.h is a generated file and its source is located in
> > TOOLS/subfont-c/osd/ directory. Yes, I should have documented it
> > better.
>
> :)
libvo/osd_font.h contains MPlayer's OSD symbols font -- osd.pfb
(PostScript Type 1). To be able to modify this font in the future, you
should not remove the source code of this font (TOOLS/subfont-c/osd/),
but find for it a better place in the root directory.

Artur Zaprzala