[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MP] sincR scaler changes colors

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Fri Oct 27 14:53:03 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2006 05:04 schrieb Trent Piepho:
> Using the swscaler with sincR (-sws 8) appears to change the image
> color/brightness.  It looks a little less saturated and more green.
>
> You can see samples here: http://www.speakeasy.org/~xyzzy/sws.html

I have reported this problem some years ago. Nothing ssems to have changed.
On the other hand: sincR is a bad swscaler because it produces ghosting on
high contrast edges.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050214215133/www.wieser-web.de/MPlayer/sws1/
(From my 2003 -sws comaprison the PNGs are not available anymore)

Regards,
   Matthias