[MPlayer-dev-eng] Please, tell me if my program is illegal.

xarion xarion at orange.pl
Wed Oct 18 15:30:18 CEST 2006

Thanks for your answer. I have another question. Can I distribute my program for free? Can I place my program in internet?

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:57:02 -0500, Matt Sicker wrote:
> On Monday 16 October 2006 11:25 am, xarion wrote:
>> I'd
>> like to “sell” this program too, just for the CD and shipment
>> costs.
>>
> Just warning you that you might get burned if software patents are
> enforced where you live.  A lot of the stuff in MPlayer is patented
> (despite the fact that patenting a mathematical algorithm is
> absurd), so you could get in legal trouble for selling it.

---
avast! antywirus: Wychodzace wiadomosc czysta.
Baza sygnatur wirusow (VPS): 0642-1, 2006-10-18
Przetestowano na: 2006-10-18 15:30:34
avast! - Copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.