[MPlayer-dev-eng] Please, tell me if my program is illegal.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Oct 17 22:08:06 CEST 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:25:17 +0200
xarion <xarion at poczta.fm> wrote:

> I'd like to “sell” this program too, just for the CD and shipment
> costs.

As long as you include the source, this is all GPL-legal...  (assuming
you're in a country without software-patents)

> -         Win32 codecs files

Distributing Win32 codecs is of very questionable legality...  I don't
know the specific laws are where you are, but I wouldn't recomend it.

> -         Some fonts (unfortunatelly I don't know authors of them)

Many fonts are copyrighted, and not legal to redistribute.  You can
always use the free Bitstream-Vera fonts: http://www.gnome.org/fonts/