[MPlayer-dev-eng] libdha vs PIC

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Oct 16 19:54:33 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 01:21:36PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> You'd better make it optional (detected by configure) if you're going
> to force PIC anywhere. -fPIC will result in compile errors on my
> system which does not support PIC, I think...

What is needed for PIC "support" at compile time except the compiler?
libdha should be rather unproblematic to compile with -fPIC, plus that
it was disabled for it was just an accident, it was always enabled
before that -fno-PIC part was added to configure which was not _that_
long ago.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger