[MPlayer-dev-eng] Playing video from socket

jacob jacob83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 12:25:09 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
> jacob wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to tell mplayer that reproduces video from a socket?.
> >
> > Until now i make this with
> >
> > nc -l -p <port> -u | mplayer -
> >
> > I tried mplayer udp://127.0.0.1:<port> but didn't work, any idea?
>

> do you really believe that you gave us  enough information to understand
> what you are trying to do?

Sorry, I'm beginning now, and also I have problems with English.

I have a video server that sends mpeg2-ts over UDP to a specific
ip/port. I want that mplayer reproduces the content of the UDP
packets. I'm able to make this redirecting the incoming traffic (via
netcat) to the standard in, then with the '-' flag of mplayer I'm able
to see the video.

My question is if mplayer have some way to reproduce the incoming
traffic knowing the udp port. There are no inicialization to make play
or other stuff, the server is playing every time.

I have a server