[MPlayer-dev-eng] "D" for kerndeint & pp

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Nov 21 19:37:54 CET 2006

Hello,
On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 07:26:52PM +0100, Paul TT wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:45:02 +0100
> "Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You jut put whatever deint filter you wanna use on your chain of
> > filter, and "D" will (de)active it, provided that that filter supports
> > being disabled on the fly.
>
> should it not be better off to enable a config keyword to say what
> filters (try to) enable/disable on the fly, not only deinterlacing

"config keyword"? You mean an extra command/control argument?
In the long term/if there is interest, yes it could be extended that way
but I'm not a fan of staring with the most complex approach first.
There also is the question for which filters it makes sense and which
even can be en-/disabled properly...
Though it might be possible to modify vf_next_put_image to just skip
certain filters...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger