[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: frequency range check and keeping old volume for radio support

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Nov 10 22:19:33 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:19:00 +0600
"Vladimir Voroshilov" <voroshil at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didnt understand what does you mean about 4-digit overflow (probably
> it's by bad english), could you explain this more detail?

Well, anything up to 999.999 MHz works, but 1000 doesn't.  That seems a
rather arbitrary cut-off, so I assume either mplayer or the bktr driver
has a problem passing 4-digit (1000 and up) values to the tuner card
in radio mode.  MPlayer reports:

$ mplayer radio://1000.0
MPlayer dev-SVN-r20462-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Unknown CPU Type (Family: 6, Model: 6, Stepping: 2)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

Playing radio://1000.0.
[radio] Using *BSD BT848 radio interface.
[radio] Radio frequency parameter detected.
[radio] Wrong frequency: 1000.00
Failed to open radio://1000.0.

Exiting... (End of file)

While with "-tv freq=" I can easily go above 1000 MHz without problems.

> You mean radio_step_freq function which will increase/decrease
> frequency from current with some (fixed, but configurable) value.
> Am i right?

Exactly right.