[MPlayer-dev-eng] MSGTR for ao_alsa, aspect.c and vo_xv.c

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Nov 6 22:38:07 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 20:25 +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
> > IMO it does not make sense to move such messages.  They are hardly
> > translatable..
>
> I agree. But while this is true, it effectively removes hardcoded strings
> from the source. I have no strong objection about leaving these two

As long as MPlayer still uses a translation system which requires moving
strings away from the source to make them translatable removing
hardcoded strings has a cost. It's better to have the (English) strings
in the source where they can be seen while editing it. So with the
current translation system strings should not be made translatable
unless necessary.