[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer compliling bug on Mac OS X using libdvdnav

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 11:43:11 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/5/06, sci-fi at hush.ai <sci-fi at hush.ai> wrote:

[..]

> Back to the missing symbol problem ... I don't have a clue
> where to pursue this for dvdnav now.  I tried adding
> 'static' to those functions in dvdnav's source
> (./src/dvdread/dvd_udf.{c,h}), to no avail.  What other
> tricks does one use to 'force' a function to become known to
> the outside world?  The rest of dvdnav seems to link fine,
> this is the only function that isn't found, and is driving
> me crazy...!  (while searching on the LD_PREBIND problem,
> I did see that some gcc gurus knew about this since 2003,
> plus a subthread seemed to be related to 'visibility'
> attributes ... don't tell me we need to resort to those
> kinds of tactics, please... ;) )
>
> Thanks for any help at all, I'd sure like to help test
> dvdnav if I can get over this hurdle...

I don't have a solution to this problem either (quite frankly, I don't
care much for DVD menus), but once you manage to get a working version
of MPlayer with dvdnav, please let me know what you had to do, I
should be able to update the configure script accordingly, provided
that it's not too hacky (or else the other devs may hate me to death
for writing ugly hacks)

Guillaume

--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!