[MPlayer-dev-eng] to michael

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri May 26 11:42:09 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 09:01:44PM -0400, compn wrote:
> i sent an email to on2.com about some mplayer patches.
> it was blocked by the sorbs list. (from gmail no less)

Well, so this is the problem of the sending MTA, not mplayer's one. You
SHOULD (and everybody should, I say this as Internet System Engineer) use
the MTA provided by your ISP to relay outgoing mails (with SMTP auth or
source IP based acl). For example I fully support here at our company
to _DENY_ tcp connections from our customers to tcp/25 of remote machines,
since customers should use our servers. With this you would be able to
avoid many spam/virus which uses direct connection (from mainly zombie
windows machines) to remote MTAs. Some ISPs even can't accept mails
from IP ranged specified 'dynamic' or 'ADSL' according to the whois DB
for example ...

--
- Gábor