[MPlayer-dev-eng] route help/help_mp*.h commits to cvslog

Sebastian Krämer mplayer at skraemer.de
Mon May 15 18:51:07 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 01:45:56PM +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
>
>>currently the translations in the help dir seem to only go to
>>-translations.
>>Since those files every now and then cause hard to debug compile
>>problems, I think this is a too hidden place (esp. since hardly any of
>>those with eyes trained to spot bugs in code see them there).
>>So I strongly vote for sending commits to these files to the cvslog list
>>- whether exclusively or in addition I don't care (though it should be
>>done in a way so that replies end up in all relevant places I guess).
>

> I don't think this is going to be of much help.  I doubt many people
> will look through those commits, they're exceptionally boring since they
> are by definition in languages you mostly don't understand anyway.

Also, it would result in lots of cross-posting I guess.

> Automatic checking is a good idea.  Probably we should just test
> compilation with all languages before a release.

I'm trying now with

for lang in bg cs dk el fr hu it ja ko mk nl no pl pt ro ru sk sv tr uk
zh; do make distclean && ./configure --language=$lang && make |tee
/tmp/build-all-languages-$lang; done

Let's see what happens :)

Having an automated checking script for help_mp-*.h would still be nice.

Sebastian