[MPlayer-dev-eng] route help/help_mp*.h commits to cvslog

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon May 15 18:31:15 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 01:45:56PM +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> currently the translations in the help dir seem to only go to
> -translations.
> Since those files every now and then cause hard to debug compile
> problems, I think this is a too hidden place (esp. since hardly any of
> those with eyes trained to spot bugs in code see them there).
> So I strongly vote for sending commits to these files to the cvslog list
> - whether exclusively or in addition I don't care (though it should be
> done in a way so that replies end up in all relevant places I guess).

I don't think this is going to be of much help.  I doubt many people
will look through those commits, they're exceptionally boring since they
are by definition in languages you mostly don't understand anyway.

Automatic checking is a good idea.  Probably we should just test
compilation with all languages before a release.

Diego