[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] de-autoconf configure

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue May 9 16:22:02 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006 15:53:40 +0200
Enrico Weigelt <weigelt at metux.de> wrote:

> Why invest time in this ? Just to try to protect people from their
> own stupidity ? Really silly.
>
> I'm happy with the current semantics and don't like any unnecessary
> modification which forces me to rewrite my build files.

Sorry to tell you this, but you are not a developer.
You are not even a contributor or a binary packager.
What say do you have on this matter?
If your script depends on the exact output of configure,
then it's your own stupidity and you should rather fix
your script then asking others to workaround your bugs.

And please, next time come up with some _technical_
or at least _logical_ arguments instead of "i dont like it".

			Attila Kinali

PS: but at least you have learned to abide the netiquette.

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ