[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] de-autoconf configure

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue May 9 20:47:35 CEST 2006

* Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> schrieb:
> On Tue, 9 May 2006 15:53:40 +0200
> Enrico Weigelt <weigelt at metux.de> wrote:
>
> > Why invest time in this ? Just to try to protect people from their
> > own stupidity ? Really silly.
> >
> > I'm happy with the current semantics and don't like any unnecessary
> > modification which forces me to rewrite my build files.
>
> Sorry to tell you this, but you are not a developer.
> You are not even a contributor or a binary packager.

Right, my patches are normally droppped on the floor ...

> What say do you have on this matter?

I have to maintain packages.

> If your script depends on the exact output of configure,
> then it's your own stupidity and you should rather fix
> your script then asking others to workaround your bugs.

My scripts do not rely on this, but maybe other's.

> And please, next time come up with some _technical_
> or at least _logical_ arguments instead of "i dont like it".

Ah, as well as "i dont like pkg-config" ? ;-o

Simple question: is there any necessity for such an change,
which could produce unnecessary work ?

cu
--
"*Who am I*? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sophie
  Ivanova. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going