[MPlayer-dev-eng] split configure [RFC]

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue May 9 11:08:07 CEST 2006

Moin,

On Mon, 8 May 2006 22:39:49 +0200
Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:

> > Can you elaborate this?
> > Just one big Makefile in the root that contains all dependencies
> > or a similar approach as i suggested a week ago?
>
> It's one big Makefile that contains all dependencies. What would be the
> advantage of your approach as shown in your mail from the 23rd of april?

There are a few:
* no change in semantics (cd subdir; make works as expected).
* Easier to maintain (not one big Makefile).
* subdirectories can be easily split off to be used in other
  projects.

For me the most important one is the second one as it'll
become very cumbersome to make changes after a while
if you have one big file.

But can you send your makefile anyways? I'd like to have
a look at it.

> In the end, is has to be a portable and modular autoconf/make replacement
> written in plain shell script without the bloat, learning curve, version
> incompatibilities, m4 and everything else that sucks about autotools ;-)

This sounds interesting.
				Attila Kinali

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ