[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio_out.c question

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Mar 23 11:10:11 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 04:56:05AM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 10:37:22AM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> >
> > Some users want to hear "You have new spam^Wmail" notifications when
> > playing other sounds.
>
> Stupid windows-ism. There's a PC-speaker bell for things like that.

Stupid "My world is as small as my head"-ism.  Not every computer has a
PC-speaker.  Plus, speakers are not useful, they only produce one type
of sound (OK, they play a bit more, but hey..).  Playing alerts is useful.
Many people have music playing in the background constantly.  One should
not interfere with the other.

Diego