[MPlayer-dev-eng] window title patch

Danny Milosavljevic danny.milo at gmx.net
Sun Mar 19 11:09:13 CET 2006

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 14.03.2006, 08:30 +0100 schrieb Guillaume POIRIER:
> Hi,
>
> On 2/12/06, Danny Milosavljevic <danny.milo at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > attached is a (messy) patch that puts the name of the current video into
> > the window title ... perhaps you find it useful.
> >
> > That probably should be solved at a higher layer, but it _does_ work
> > with that, at least :)
>
> The patch doesn't currently work. Here's what I get at the end of build:
>
> libvo/libvo.a(x11_common.o): In function
> `vo_x11_create_smooth_window':x11_common.c:(.text+0x21be): undefined
> reference to `XpmCreatePixmapFromData'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> I'll try to look into it later on, but if you could fix this, and
> resend a patch, that would be greatly appreciated... I've tried to
> append '-lxpm' to the build line, but it didn't change anything...

Append '-lXpm' (big "X").

I feel uneasy patching around in Makefiles I didnt write (and thus dont
understand the implications completely) :)

Also, I'm not sure if static libraries (libvo) can list dynamic
libraries (Xpm) as dependencies, and how. I just added it to the main
mplayer link command here...
try adding "-lXpm" to the toplevel Makefile on "VO_LIBS" ....

> Regarding the way your patch is done, and whether it should be done at
> a higher level or not, I frankly don't know. It would certainly be
> _better_ if it could be done at a higher level, but then how can this
> be done? Don't know!

Well, by introducing a function at the vo level that is called when the
file currently played changes (switched to another name, like in a
playlist when one of the files is done playing), and calling it, giving
it the file path as parameter.

cheers,
  Danny