[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] pre8: regressions, critical bugs and activities

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 14:30:59 CET 2006

2006/3/15, Robert Edele <yartrebo at earthlink.net>:
> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 08:30 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> > Each file clearly states the license and the additional clause it is
> > available under.  Reminds me that it's not a bad idea to make these
> > things clear in each file ;-p
> >
> Doesn't the GPL state that the license itself cannot be modified and
> that no additional restrictions can be imposed (though additional rights
> can).
>
> Would having this clause count as a modification of the license (which
> would probably mean it doesn't have any license and couldn't be used for
> any purpose not normally allowed under copyright)?

 Yes, this is it.

This gives me an idea... the project is hosted at sourceforge and
AFAIK this site is dedicated to free-opensource projects. I'm sure
they wouldn't be allowed to distribute software without license that
permits it.

Maybe we could require official statement from FSF about Nero and ...
blow the whistle with SF.net.