[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] pre8: regressions, critical bugs and activities

Robert Edele yartrebo at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 15 14:09:51 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 08:30 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Each file clearly states the license and the additional clause it is
> available under.  Reminds me that it's not a bad idea to make these
> things clear in each file ;-p

Doesn't the GPL state that the license itself cannot be modified and
that no additional restrictions can be imposed (though additional rights
can).

Would having this clause count as a modification of the license (which
would probably mean it doesn't have any license and couldn't be used for
any purpose not normally allowed under copyright)?

If it doesn't, it seems like an easy avenue for abuse. Write 'GPL' code,
add stardard EULA (especially that line about "this superseding any
previous agreements"), profit.

Robert Edele