[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] pre8: regressions, critical bugs and activities

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Mar 14 10:35:59 CET 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 10:42:37PM +0100, Roberto Togni wrote:

> pre7 was released on April 16, 2005. It's first birthday party is
> scheduled in about one month.
> It's probably time to seriously start thinking about pre8, especially
> if we want it to happen before LinuxTag (2-6 May 2006).

Agreed.

> Regression since pre7:
> - mkv demuxer can't play realaudio anymore

RealVideo in Matroska crashes on PPC.  I consider this somewhat
critical.

> To be done:
> - upgrade internal faad to latest GPL version, there are too many files
> unplayable with current version

There are a few other libs we could upgrade, not necessarily before the
release, though: libdvdread, libmpeg2, liba52.

Also, there are many pending patches, as usual.  I think dvdnav is not
going to make the cut, it's too big and invasive.  If there are any
backwards-incompatible changes to be made, they should happen before the
release.

> Please post flames about release naming and versioning on a new,
> different thread :)

:)

Diego