[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer-dev-eng Digest, Vol 39, Issue 30

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Tue Mar 14 01:13:29 CET 2006

Trent Piepho wrote:
> When anyone who comes to offer code gets nothing but flames from Rich, he
> might as well speak for all mplayer developers.  When he says, "We don't
> believe in such nonsense here," is that supposed to be the royal "We" or does
> it sound like he is speaking for everyone?

People could be blunt or not, "we" believe in certain values, some are
nicer and try to be less direct some other are quite vocal.

> I don't bother trying to send my improvements back here anymore because it's
> just not worth the abuse, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
> When you get flamed for your quoting style, the format of your diff, or how
> many siginificant digits you used to approximate the decimal value of
> 30000/1001 into an email message with, it's pretty clear that what you are
> tying to offer is of little concern; you aren't welcome and will get attacked
> regardless of what you say.

sorry, the right reply has to be:

"RTFD about coding style and submit rules"

or a canned reply.

Dalias' are at least a bit more creative

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC