[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] pre8: regressions, critical bugs and activities

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 13 22:42:37 CET 2006

Hi all

pre7 was released on April 16, 2005. It's first birthday party is
scheduled in about one month.
It's probably time to seriously start thinking about pre8, especially
if we want it to happen before LinuxTag (2-6 May 2006).

I'm trying to collect a list of regressions since pre7, critical bugs
to be fixed and things that must be done before pre8 can be released.

Here are some, please complete.

Critical bugs:
- none that i know (remaining Coverity reports are mainly small memleaks
and some use of uninitialized variables in error cases, i don't consider
them critical for release)

Regression since pre7:
- mkv demuxer can't play realaudio anymore

To be done:
- upgrade internal faad to latest GPL version, there are too many files
unplayable with current version

Please post flames about release naming and versioning on a new,
different thread :)

Ciao,
 Roberto