[MPlayer-dev-eng] Released Aud-X codec DLL

Marek Dziubinski Aud-X marek.dziubinski at aud-x.com
Mon Mar 13 12:10:59 CET 2006

> Very unlikely we will use these DLLs if you mean from the SDK.
> Though if you have DirectShow or ACM filters (without installer!!) and
> esp. some samples someone might at least try to support it - maybe even
> without any code changes (but don't look at me, I'm busy with other things
*g*)

Yes. We have a DS filter (decoder), and ACM (encoder).
The DS decoder is more than just Aud-X decoder,
because it contains
1) Pseudo-surround algorithm (dedicated to music), which converts
mono/stereo to 5.1.
And it has a nice spatial sound.

2) The only free (please correct me if I'm wrong) effective DolbyProLogicII
decoder, with a proper
channel separation.
As far as I am concerned, available algos, such as the one in FFDshow, do
not work as good as the hardware
(or dolby licenced) solutions.
This one does. More here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=42407

So embedding our DS decoder, could enhance your player, not just by another
audio format,
but also by these useful algorithms.

Both, the ACM and DS are attached.
I hope someone will decide to use it.
But firstly, please try the sound of the pseudosurround and DPLII decoder.

Thank you,
Marek.