[MPlayer-dev-eng] Released Aud-X codec DLL

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Mar 12 19:47:21 CET 2006

On Sunday, 12 March 2006 at 15:30, Marek Dziubinski Aud-X wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you for replies.
>
> Yes it is legal.
>
> I.e. we have modified some open source projects,
> such as AC3enc,

I don't know which ac3enc you have in mind, but

> and VirtualDubMod.

VirtualDubMod's license is GPL, so if you distribute derivative works,
you must release full source code under GPL, too, per clause 2b):

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
[...]
2.  You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it,
    thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such
    modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that
    you also meet all of these conditions:

    a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
    that you changed the files and the date of any change.

    b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
    whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part
    thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties
    under the terms of this License.
[...]

R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression