[MPlayer-dev-eng] Error with MEncoder configuration file

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Sun Mar 12 16:50:50 CET 2006

Hi,

According to the CVS Man page :

"The configuration file for MEncoder is ’mencoder.conf’  in
your  configuration  directory  (e.g.  /etc/mplayer  or /usr/local/etc/
mplayer), the user specific one is ’~/.mplayer/mencoder."

According to the mencoder.c source :

void me_parse_cfgfiles( m_config_t* conf )
{
  char *conffile;
  if ((conffile = get_path("mencoder")) == NULL) {
    mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_ERR,MSGTR_GetpathProblem);
  } else {
    if (m_config_parse_config_file(conf, conffile) < 0)
      mencoder_exit(1,MSGTR_ConfigfileError);
    free(conffile);
  }
}

As a result, /etc/mplayer/mencoder is recognized as well as ~/.mplayer/mencoder.
But /etc/mplayer/mencoder.conf isn't recognized as it should be.

Mistake in code (i vote for) or typo in MAN page ?

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama