[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer on intel macs

Zuxy Meng zuxy.meng at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 13:31:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

2006/6/24, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I just had a look at the patch: there's absolutely no way such a patch
> can make it to our sourcetree. As you said, it's a hack....
>
> I'm sure you understand that all code that makes it to our sourcetree
> has to be maintained once it's merged, therefore the only way to go is
> to have a clean patch...

Except for some compatibility issue of the assembler, it seems that
mp3lib is the biggest problem. Your work to import it to AMD64 might
also work for Intel Mac.

Many old inline asm in mplayer use hardcoded 32-bit general registers,
which is bad when those registers have grown to 64-bit.
--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,