[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer on intel macs

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 21:52:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/23/06, Chris Zubrzycki <beren at mac.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has any patches related to building mplayer
> on the new intel core duo/solo macs. I know of one developer who
> hacked it to work, but he basically made configure act as if it was a
> 486
>
> <http://svn.finkproject.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=user%3A
> +ranger&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fexperimental%2F3rdparty%2Fmain%2Ffinkinfo%
> 2Fgraphics%2F&rev=132&sc=0>
>
> One of the main problems, i believe is apple used a old copy of gas
> for the assembler, and has since included nasm, but it's syntax seems
> different. Many apps needed the mmx code disabled.

I just had a look at the patch: there's absolutely no way such a patch
can make it to our sourcetree. As you said, it's a hack....

I'm sure you understand that all code that makes it to our sourcetree
has to be maintained once it's merged, therefore the only way to go is
to have a clean patch...

Guillaume
--
"If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates."
  - Jay Leno