[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 is out

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Jun 13 00:32:54 CEST 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > MPlayer 1.0pre8 is finally out
>>
>> There seems to be something wrong with www.mplayerhq.hu. Your (and
>> Diego's)
>> last news entries don't show up there. They do on www1 though.
>
> Yes, the DNS round robin picks www2 about 50% of times, even though
> it's badly out of sync, and even though Attila has been notified that
> MAJOR issue several times over the past weeks
>
> Don't ask me why the situation hasn't changed, I guess Attila has his
> reasons.

Well, he did commit a mirroring howto, which is probably helpful, even
if not expedient. I see Diego's message on mplayer-mirror, to which
nobody has responded.

Since the operator can't be reached, shouldn't somebody ask Arpi to
(temporarily?) remove the IP for www2 from the DNS?

What about www4; can that be put in as a replacement?

-Corey