[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 is out

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 23:03:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/12/06, Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi> wrote:

> > but IMHO having broken mirrors (which are selected about 50% of time)
> > defeats the point of having mirrors.
> >
> > A mirroring system is NOT a trade off between getting the correct
> > pages and getting 404 errors.
>
> indeed....
>
> Wasn't a redirect used for the mirroring stuff before, instead of DNS?
> Guess we now know the reason why, the redirects can be changed
> almost immediately if mirrors stop working :)

Indeed. BTW: the reason why I'm pissed off is because it badly
reflects on the project image, all the more since we have a new
release out, and that ppl are gonna hit a lot of 404 errors in the
next days.
We are clearly gonna look like incompetent folks if this issue doesn't
get fixed meanwhile.... but I'm very unoptimised since this problem
has been notified several times and apparently nothing changed.

Guillaume

--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill