[MPlayer-dev-eng] non-free and undistributable files in tremor/

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 11:49:50 CEST 2006

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 02:51:50 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> Bad news everyone!
[...]
> *
>    * THE OggVorbis 'TREMOR' SOURCE CODE IS (C) COPYRIGHT 1994-2002
> *
>    * BY THE Xiph.Org FOUNDATION http://www.xiph.org/
> *
>    * ALL REDISTRIBUTION RIGHTS RESERVED.
> *
>    *
> * ********************************************************************
>
> In other words, we have been distributing non-free and undistributable
> files since 2004-12-30 when Jindrich committed Tremor to CVS.

Holy cow. I just didn't expect such legal mines in a 1.0 release of a
codec which is proclaimed to be free (I know this is not an excuse).

Ok, so we should immediately replace this stuff with the trunk to be on
the safe side - as Uoti and Roberto already pointed out, the diff will
contain mostly only these offending headers, and do the comparison with
lavc right afterwards.

--
Jindrich Makovicka