[MPlayer-dev-eng] gl & distorted fisheye for dome projection

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Wed Jul 12 13:56:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 03:05:57PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:

> > > The mplayer output tells me that I have many ARB extensions.
> > > Which ARB extension am I missing?
> >
> > ARB_texture_float
>
> What, not supported on nvidia too?
> FYI, I just checked it both on radeon X1900 and Intel 915G (aka IGMA
> 900) - both are presented as directx 9 cards, support pixel shaders 2.0
> etc, and none of them supports this extension.
>
> So if even most powerful cards from nvidia, ati and intel don't
> support this under linux, only vendor-specific like ATI_texture_float
> are useful, forget about ARB...

It is supported by the binary nVidia driver (version 1.0-7676) on my
GeForce 6600GT.

$ glxinfo | grep ARB_texture_float
    GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_texture_float,

ATI_texture_float is supported as well:

$ glxinfo | grep texture_float
    GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_texture_float,
    GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ATI_texture_float,

Erik
--
Additionally, algorithms from the NSA are considered a sort of alien
technology: they come from a superior race with no explanations.