[MPlayer-dev-eng] rawvideo and null frames

Calvin Walton calvin.walton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:44:29 CEST 2006

On 7/11/06, Matteo Croce <rootkit85 at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> i have to change some movie FPS using -ofps but it works only when using
> the AVI cointainer since mencoder inserts some NVOP to chenge the movie FPS.
> If I use -of rawvideo then I lose null frames and i get again a movie with
> the original FPS (NEWFPS - NVOPS = ORIGFPS).
> The other way is to use -vf harddup.
> How can we handle null frames in rawvideo? exspecially in raw 264 streams.

I've actually run into this problem when playing around with encoding
files with variable framerate. I've come up with a bit of a hack - a
video filter that can be added to the chain which outputs the
timestamps of each frame to a text file that can be read by mkvmerge.

If you want to try playing with it, it's at
http://kepstin.gotnull.net/timecode-filter.patch
Use it as "-vf timecode=output.txt"

--
Calvin Walton