[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer package for Debian

A Mennucc debdev at mennucci.sns.it
Mon Jan 16 17:46:31 CET 2006

hi

I prepared three versions of 1.0pre7try2 , that can be accessed
by adding the quoted lines in /etc/apt/sources.list

 "deb http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mplayer/sarge ./"
contains the binaries that I usually prepare, for Debian 3.1
a.k.a. sarge ; these do not contain all the upstream code, and in
particular do not contain the libmpdvdkit (for fear of patent infringment)

 "deb http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mplayer/etch ./"
the same, for Debian/etch . This I am trying to have into main Debian
distribution.

 "deb http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mplayer/sarge-non-dfsg ./"
contains a binary version that is a compilation of the original
tar.bz2  (and I may not upload it into Debian archives)

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 12:27:43AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> We'd be happy to recommend your packages to MPlayer users if you could
> make a few additional changes, as outlined in
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/binary-packaging.txt .

I read your document (actually, you sent me an email once about that).
My package follows the guideline but for some differences; most important,
I do not have two packages 'mplayer' and 'gmplayer'
(because in my 'mplayer' package , /usr/bin/gmplayer is just a symlink,
so not building it would not save any disk space)

> You'd need to bring the package up-to-date, too. While I'm not saying
> you must package latest CVS instead of 1.0pre7try2, a recent snapshot
> *is* highly recommended.

done

a.

--
Andrea Mennucc
 "Ukn ow,Ifina llyfixe dmysp acebar.ohwh atthef"