[MPlayer-dev-eng] [POLICY] clarify conditions for functionality removal

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:17:20 CET 2006

2006/2/9, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net>:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > And don't simply revert a commit that is obviously under
> > controversial dispute without even waiting _a few hours_ for me to
> > answer your last email.  This is beyond rude.
>
> Agreed, it is. It is also precisely the sort of behaviour which would be
> 'allowed', with respect to feature removal, under the current phrasing
> of the rule under discussion. After all, discussion of his proposed
> change (reverting your change) has taken place...

Indeed, I like giving practical examples. I'm just testing the
procedure. I think that I am going to remove XVideo functions from
x11_common next time ;)

Anyway I don't want to continue flaming. I think I explained myself
perfectly clear and even proposed specific exclusion from the rule
that cover all previous cases.

I also would like to keep the old form until final decision is made.
With consensus from all developers and approved by project leader.