[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer crashes when compiled with gcc 4.2 ( and gcc 4.3 snapshots)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Dec 18 10:49:07 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:38:18 +0200
Ismail Donmez <ismail at pardus.org.tr> wrote:

> Replying to myself, compiling mp_msg.c with gcc 3.4 and rest with gcc 4.2 it
> doesn't crash. So the problem lies in mp_msg.c for sure.

Could also be a gcc bug. Try to compile the file by hand
with zero optimization (-O0, no -f*). If it still crashes,
you should be able to get at least valid line numbers.
If it does not, add optimizations until it crashes again.
Then compare the asm output with the one from the last step.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred