[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: OpenAL on Mac OSX: video playing at 2x speed

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Dec 9 12:25:43 CET 2006

Hello,
On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 02:35:01AM -0600, sci-fi at hush.ai wrote:
> On 2006-12-08 20:57:19 -0600, Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at gmail.com>
> said:
>
> >======================================================================== ==
> >Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
> >Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
> >======================================================================== ==
> >======================================================================== ==
> >Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
> >AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)
> >Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
> >======================================================================== ==
> >AO: [openal] 0Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
> >Starting playback...
> >
> >Any idea why this happening? The 0Hz look suspicius.
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >====
> >Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at gmail.com>
>
> I filed bug#651 to properly enable mplayer to detect and use OpenAL's
> frameworks on MacOSX, but Reimar marked it "won't fix".
> So it seems OpenAL is officially unsupported by mplayer ATM
> (as opposed to unofficially supported).  :(

I will listen to bugreports and fix if I find an issue. But openal is
just a little experiment that is not very usable for now, so I didn't
want to add further complexity for now.
That decision is in no way final though, and can change quickly once
there is either someone else interested in maintaining openal or someone
can tell me how to get an actually working openal on linux.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger