[MPlayer-dev-eng] High CPU consumption with dxr3 output

mplayer at zacglen.com mplayer at zacglen.com
Mon Aug 28 08:56:18 CEST 2006

I have been playing around with a DXR3 MPEG2 output card.

It works fine, except when playing mpeg2 video with mp2 audio,
my 3GHz cpu consumption goes up to 99%!

If I play with "-noaudio" then cpu consumption is normal (3%) as
one would expect with feeding mpeg2 into an mpeg2 hardware decoder.

And if I use "-vc null -vo null" and have just the audio feeding
into the card (mp2 => pcm conversion) then cpu is about 5%.

So it must be something to do with audio/video synchronization.

Mplayer version:
    mplayer-1.0pre8-1

Typical command line:
    mplayer -autosync 15 -quiet -fs -framedrop -fixed-vo -monitoraspect 5:4
    -osdlevel 0 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 -vo dxr3:sync:prebuf file

Is this a known problem area?