[MPlayer-dev-eng] win32 loader

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Tue Aug 29 14:46:33 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 07:32:34AM -0500, Joey Parrish wrote:
> I think it's a good idea.  I'd like to see it done, and I'd like to
> help.  In particular, I'd like to write it from scratch with a dual
> license, LGPL/GPL.  Even add it to ffmpeg instead of MPlayer.  I think
> ffmpeg + the ability to load binary codecs would make ffmpeg so
> multi-capable that I could rely on it directly for certain of my
> personal projects.

I personally don't like LGPL anyway wine code is LGPL,
current loader stuff has no licensing information so
it should inherit from wine.
I would use some of existing loader code plus
some code from wine and some implementations from
scratch, free software is good because you can reuse the existing code

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader