[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to Access Audio Stream PTS

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Aug 16 17:20:09 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 18:15 -0400, Paul Curtis wrote:
> I have attached the basic transport patch, but now, to fully synchronize
> 'mplayer' with 'ardour' (or any jack application) I need to allow jack
> access to the current position in the stream. As you can see, the

> I am hoping for pointers on where to get the time information in
> mplayer, and having it available either in the ao_jack driver
> (preferable). If that is not possible, then a pointer to another
> solution would be helpful.

written_audio_pts() in mplayer.c returns the pts value at the end of the
data written to the ao so far. It's not currently available from within
the driver. I'm not sure what would be the best way to make it
available; if you want to implement the easiest way to test the
functionality, that's probably to have the value in some global variable
and update that with "global_var = written_audio_pts(sh_audio,
d_audio);" in the main loop.