[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer libtremor patch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Aug 13 14:49:22 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 03:09:44PM +0300, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> Also I'm not very enthusiastic about modular systems. It the real world
> monolithic solutions are sometimes better and easier to maintain.

The problem is that our tremor is outdated and has several bugs, some of
which we fixed locally, but that road (applying fixes to it as they
come) leads only to lots of work and incompatibility.
Unfortunately the tremor people do not even seem to make an effort to
keep compatibility so updating is a major effort too.
Removing internal tremor at least would have the advantage of shifting
the effort towards the people who profit from it...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger